Studying is now convenient. Study anytime and anywhere.
Dental Assisting is one of the world’s helping professions – attending to patients and ensuring they are comfortable is one of the main roles of a Dental Assistant. Dental Assisting requires sensitivity, empathy, communication, organisation and time management skills. The best way to develop these skills is to combine both theory and practical based training.
Students need to either be currently working as a dental assistant or be able to obtain volunteer work to enrol in online learning. This allows students to practice what they learn online.
Dental Assistant Training Solutions online learning platform allows you to:
- Schedule your online study around work and family
- Spend more time learning than travelling to training venues
- Students can study anywhere they have access to a computer and Internet connection
- Work at your own pace – some units you may fly through and others you may need to take a bit more time.
- Flexibility to discuss aspects of the training with your trainer remotely via email or on the phone.
- Study and learn via a variety of activities, online assessment tasks and on the job training.
- Successfully build knowledge and confidence and encourages you to take responsibility for your learning
- Test out or skim over materials already mastered and concentrate efforts in mastering areas containing new information and/or skills
This method of learning can:
- Increase your retention - As you are working at your pace you are more likely to retain the information being given. This is due to the many ways that the learning is reinforced – workplace, discussion with your trainer and colleagues and skills tests.
- Reduce the cost of training - Study and work at the same time. No need to take leave from work to complete your training. Studying whilst you work assists learning and allows you to practice new skills. No travel or accommodation costs. You can review material whilst on the train or bus to and from work.
- Be available when you need it. - If you are at work and endeavouring to undertake a task that you have previously read about in your learning and would like to review the information. You can – log on to the internet and online learning system, review the powerpoint presentation and feel more confident to undertake the task.
Online learning option provides you with:
- Learner guides to read through the theory components of each unit and underpinning knowledge.
- Access via the internet to powerpoint presentations, tutorials, self assessment skills tests, online learning assessments.
- A workplace logbook to be completed for the on the job component – either working full time, part time or volunteering. The logbook needs to be completed by two or three supervisors who hold the qualification or equivalent experience in the course that you are undertaking.
- Third Party Reports need to be completed by a Dentist, supervisor or mentor for each unit in the qualification to demonstrate your skills
- A portfolio of evidence needs to be collected to demonstrate your skills. Dental Assistant Training Solutions provides you with a “shopping list” to guide you through the types of documents to submit as evidence.
- Access to a trainer, coach or mentor via phone or email. Your trainer will contact you regularly to assist you with progress through the units. Your trainer will provide you with their contact details so that if you need them you can reach them.
- You can redo assessment tasks until you are competent without fear of ‘failure’. We work with you until you are competent in each unit.
Online Learning Resources
Presentations – Students can view online presentations corresponding to the learner guides to help make learning easier
Tutorials – Students can undertake online tutorials for each unit of study including instrument identification and charting
Crosswords – This is a great fun way to learn especially when learning the vocabulary and terminology used in dentistry.
Learner guides – Hard copy learner guides are provided for those that prefer to read a paperbased book. These also provide students with a great reference whilst undertaking the course or after you have completed.
Equipment requirements for online learning - Access to a desktop or laptop computer with internet access essential. Ability to take short videos on a iphone or similar device is also required.